Our apologies for multiple messages as we work through this Coronavirus situation. Your family's health and safety is our greatest priority. As all of you are aware, information about the COVID-19 virus and the impact it is having on our lives continue to be changing rapidly. It has been very important to us that we have clear and consistent communication and direction that protects all of our families and our staff. Not only are we looking after everyone’s health and safety, but we also are focused on the social and emotional well-being of the children.
We understand that parents must work in order to support their families, and we want to be there for you. As of today, our plan is to remain open so that we can serve our families and the community. However, we will be enhancing several policies and processes to protect all individuals. We ask for your understanding and cooperation with these practices and understand that we are making decisions that not only are aimed at keeping your child safe, but every child, parent and employee at Serendipity safe and healthy. Please make note of the enhanced policies below:
•Please send your child’s belongings in labeled Zip-lock/plastic grocery bags ONLY. Backpacks/diaper bags will not be permitted at this time
• If a parent is required to work at home due to the possibility of exposure, they must also keep their child at home
• If a parent is able to work at home, but not due to an exposure, only for preventative measures, then the child may still attend
• If a parent is picking up a child and they are feeling ill, or feel as if they have been exposed, we are asking that they do not go past the front door. Our staff will escort the child to the parent and the child will be excluded for 14 days
• If a parent feels that they have been exposed, then the child is also excluded from care for 14 days
• We ask that parents pay close attention to our illness exclusion policies and take your child’s temperature before leaving home. When making a decision to bring your child to school, please keep in mind the health and safety of all children and staff.
•We will be monitoring temperatures and require pick up for any child with a fever of 100.3 or higher. Children will not be allowed back for 48 hours after they are fever-free rather than our typical 24 hours.
•Anyone (students/faculty/staff/etc.) who go on foreign travel, to any country, must self-isolate for 14 days upon return.
•Anyone (students/faculty/staff/etc.) who go on a cruise, anywhere, must self-isolate for 14 days upon return
• Should staff become limited we will need to limit attendance. We will address this as, and if, needed
• All outside tours and interviews have been postponed until further notice
• Lastly, we will be closing at 5:30 p.m. from March 16 to March 31 and will revisit this as changes occur. Keep in mind this means the late snack will not be served as our team’s focus will be on cleaning. Late fees will not apply until the usual 6:15 p.m. for those that have made arrangements in advance